In this office complaints procedure, the following definitions apply:
Lawyer: the lawyer associated with VANDIJK lawyers or the person who works under the responsibility of the lawyer concerned;
Client: the purchaser, whether or not represented, of the services of VANDIJK lawyers;
Office Complaints Procedure: this procedure in which the steps for handling Complaints from Clients of VANDIJK lawyers as referred to in the Regulation on the Legal Profession;
Complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or the persons working under his responsibility about the conclusion and execution of a contract for services, the quality of the service or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in section 4 of the Lawyers Act;
Complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
Complaints officer: the lawyer charged with handling the complaint, being mr. M.S. van Dijk;
2. Scope of Application
- The Office Complaints Procedure applies to every agreement for services between VANDIJK lawyers and the Client, performed by a Lawyer.
- Every lawyer of VANDIJK lawyers is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the Office Complaints Procedure.
The purpose of this Office Complaints Procedure is:
- establishing a procedure to handle complaints from clients in a constructive manner within a reasonable period of time;
- establishing a procedure to determine the causes of client complaints;
- maintaining and improving existing relationships through good complaints handling;
- train employees in customer-oriented response to complaints;
- improving the quality of service with the help of complaint handling and complaint analysis.